Django is a Python-based web framework which allows you to quickly create web application without all of the installation or dependency problems that you normally will find with other frameworks.
When you’re building a website, you always need a similar set of components: a way to handle user authentication (signing up, signing in, signing out), a management panel for your website, forms, a way to upload files, etc. Django gives you ready-made components to use.
- Django is a rapid web development framework that can be used to develop fully fleshed web applications in a short period of time.
- It’s very easy to switch database in Django framework.
- It has built-in admin interface which makes easy to work with it.
- Django is fully functional framework that requires nothing else.
- It has thousands of additional packages available.
- It is very scalable. For more visit When to Use Django? Comparison with other Development Stacks ?
Django is based on MVT (Model-View-Template) architecture. MVT is a software design pattern for developing a web application.
MVT Structure has the following three parts –
Model: Model is going to act as the interface of your data. It is responsible for maintaining data. It is the logical data structure behind the entire application and is represented by a database (generally relational databases such as MySql, Postgres).